Saturday 29 December 2012

2012 review

So 2012 is almost over, I've had a really mixed year, some incredible highs and some of the biggest lows as well. But I've fought through and achieved some things i'm really proud of.
2012 has been my best year in modelling so far, and I hope I can go onward and upward in 2013.

Looking back over the year I've been so lucky in who I've got to work with, the fun I've had and the friends I've made, let alone the wonderful creations I've been lucky enough to wear for designers.

I'm going to re-cap my highlights of the year, which will be hard to whittle down as all my modelling work this year has been so much fun and I've learned so much too!

                             Fetasia Latex, Alex Mills and Albino Jacks

Early on in the year I commissioned a Latex Nun outfit from Fetasia Latex which is just stunning and I traveled over to Cardiff to shoot it with one my favourite photographers Alex Mills  we got some amazing images which have been pretty widely used and published this year, these two are probably my favourites.



                                             


                               Shooting with Lady Gaius and Fetasia Latex

I traveled all the way to Luton to work with the wonderful Lady Gaius shooting a beautiful autopsy body suit for an erotic book that will hopefully be published in 2013, I can't wait to see it. I got on really well with Lady Gaius and hope to work with her again, even though she's so far away.
Here is a little preview, you'll have to get your hands on the book to see the rest.



                                                 

                            Rubber Monkey Latex and TwistedPix
                                                 
I got to work with the amazing Rubber Monkey Latex for the first time in 2012, I was picked to be the Flying Monkey from the wizard of Oz for the promo material and the stage show, I was so chuffed and I got to meet such a wonderful group of people working on this project.
I met the amazing Bekah and Shaun from TwistedPix and Kaykay Sakura for the promo shoot, and of course Em from Rubber Monkey who is just a bubble of pure joy.


It was fun to see a life size version of my shot on the banner for Rubber Monkey at the Alt and Burlesque Fair 




                                   Shooting with Salleh Sparrow

Soon after this first meeting with Rubber Monkey and TwistedPix I met the gorgeous, scrummy Salleh Sparrow to shoot more Rubber Monkey Latex in the most stunning Location I've used this year. Salleh and I have shot a few times this year, including shooting outfits by one of my favourite Latex designers Eustratia Latex

                                                               Rubber Monkey Latex

                                                                       Eustratia Latex

                                                              Rubber Monkey Pony Hood



                          Night at the Movies stage show for Rubber Monkey

In 2012 I took part in my first ever stage shows, and I'm now addicted to being on stage. The Manchester Alt and Burlesque Fair was our first show for Rubber Monkey Latex in a 'night at the movies' with lots of iconic film characters coming to life in latex. We also performed a Candy shop pin up show and we took 'A Night at the Movies' to Birmingham in a charity Burlesque show for openMINDed.



 The Manchester show was filmed by Cole from LatexGirlsHD, which was a huge bonus. Here's one of the video's he took.


The Birmingham show was captured by Dave Charsley of DeclineGothica and TwistedPix so we got plenty of fab images from all the shows we did.


                                               


                              Rubber Monkey Latex Carebears shoot

One of my favourite shoots this year has to be the big group Carebear shoot all the models involved were just lovely to work with and of course the shoot was done by Bekah from TwistedPix who is fast becoming a good friend of mine.
The images were used for a calendar in aid of the charity MIND



I was so happy to work with these amazing models, Betty Havok, Salleh Sparrow, Collette Von Tora, Crimson Raine, Kaykay Sakura, Dakota Hunt, Miss Erised

I took a video of the shoot


                                                 We also got a little spot in Bizarre Magazine


 

                                                       

                                   Lux Tenebrae and TwistedPix

It was an honor to get to model some of the beautiful leather garments by Lux Tenebrae again shooting with Bekah from TwistedPix, I always have so much fun shooting with Bekah and Shaun from TwistedPix and hope to shoot with them more in 2013.





                       London Fetish Weekend for Lady Allura's Latex

I was over the moon to be picked to walk at London Fetish Weekend for Lady Allura's Latex, I traveled down with my friend Eliza Fetish and met Kash R Photography who kindly put us up for the night.
We had makeup done by Alice Bizarre and hair by Lauren Turner, it was an amazing show and Lady Allura won the New Designer Award which was a bonus.




The event was photographed by Daffyd Owen whose event photography I've always admired so that was lovely. I loved getting the chance to meet the super lovely Ivy Tenebrae, and Abbie Mac I got on so well with them both, such a shame they live so far away!


                                                   
                               Shooting with Cinnamon Stewart

Cinnamon Stewart is definitely the best photographer to make a name for herself this year in the Alternative world and I was so honored to get to work with her, I had some stunning outfits by Westward bound, Joy Williams and Fetasia Latex to shoot, the results were fantastic, It was so hard to pick my favourites.





I got some fun video footage of this shoot by setting up my camera on an ancient tripod, my followers seem to really enjoy seeing behind the scenes of shoots and I loved editing this video, I hope to do some more soon.


 

                                               
                       Getting Published in Bizarre Magazine

Bizarre mag really is 'the place to be' for publication in the Alt world, so i was lucky to be published in issue 195 in October this year, I had two full page pictures which was a wonderful surprise, they chose images by TwistedPix and Salleh Sparrow, here's to making the pages of bizarre again next year!



   

                           Collaborations with Messy Vignette 

My Boyfriend Messy Vignette creates some incredible iphoneography, appearing in exhibitions in LA and London this year, we have teamed up a few times to do some shots and they've been a great success, here are my highlights.






                   Rubber Monkey Latex Performance at Club AntiChrist

The end of October saw me back in London for the Halloween Antichrist party, Rubber Monkey put on a Demons show and I got to work with some good friends again and also meeting and working with Ruby True and Violeteyes was great.
The stage ended up covered in fake blood and we were all writhing around in it and ended up covered!





                       
                    Ending the year with a shoot with Chris Sinn

I squeezed in a shoot with Chris Sinn Photography on 22nd December and got some seasonal pictures in a dress by Catalyst Latex I also shot some Lady Allura's Latex and a Harness and Pasties by new company Lodovica Leather who have been producing some wonderful leather items this year, pictures from that shoot to come soon, but here is a festive treat.



                                               


                           And Finally...... Club AntiChrist Flyer

I've ended the year on a real high, at the very end of December 2012 the new Club Antichrist Flyer comes out with me on! Since I started modelling I've wanted to make it on an Antichrist Flyer so I am mega chuffed to have made it, it's the cherry on top of a great modelling year.
The Event in February is Religious Depravity themed and they have used my shots by Albino Jacks in the Fetasia Nun gear,




It really has been a fantastic year for me, I am so blessed to have met such lovely people, all mentioned above, and there are many more shoots and collaborations I was not able to include in this summary, but I have loved every one, so if you have been missed off here, rest assured I have really loved working with you!
I'm ready to hit 2013 hard and hope I can continue to climb in the industry, because I am just loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment